These days, gender selection is always considered as an influential topic of pregnancy and childbirth. A recent survey showed that only approximately 17% of ladies did not have a preference for the genders of their unborn babies. The strong desire to know the sexes of the kids has led towards a large number of theories on how to get pregnant with the girls or boys of our dreams.
It is supposed that the Shettles Method has been around for centuries, created by Dr. Landrum Shettles. Actually, Dr. Shettles based his methods on the great belief that the X and Y sperm characteristics are different from each other. As a result, the Shettles Method tends to be basically about how we may use these supposed differences to attempt to influence the gender of our baby, often referred to as the gender selection. Interestingly, he also published a book with the title “How to Choose the Sex of Your Baby?”
However, there will be numerous medical articles which examine why the Shettles Method can be flawed, and almost all of the medical studies haven’t been able to replicate the numbers that Dr. Shettles himself claimed to see. Truly, several studies have shown that people who avail the Shettles Method can actually have much trouble with conceiving.
In general, there will be two types of sperm including X-bearing sperm and Y-bearing sperm. Of course, the egg from the mother will be always an X and vice versa. If the X-bearing sperm tend to penetrate into the egg, then we will have a baby girl (XX). In case the Y-bearing sperm tend to penetrate into the egg, then we will be expected to have a baby boy (XY).
Here is the Shettles Method conjecture:
Believe it or not, certain things done during intercourse or during the cycle will have a profound impact on which of these sperms will fertilize the egg. Therefore, if we are trying to conceive a princess, it is better for us to do something that favored the X-bearing sperm. On the other hand, if we were trying to conceive a prince, we are advised to do what supposedly affected the Y-bearing sperm. Normally, according to the Shettles theory:
The Y-bearing Sperms are said to:
- Be not as hearty and die more quickly.
- Be smaller and faster than their X-bearing counterparts.
The X-bearing Sperms are said to:
- Survive longer in a cervical environment.
- Be slower than their Y-bearing counterparts.
To Conceive A Girl
- It is recommended to have sexual intercourse 2 – 3 days prior to ovulation to enable the Y-bearing Sperm to die right before the egg may be available during ovulation. The idea here is that once we have sex a couple of days before ovulation, only the X-chromosome “girl Sperm” can be left in the female reproductive tract that waits to fertilize the egg when it is released.
- It is wise to have sexual intercourse with the shallow penetration: The Shettles method recommends the “missionary position” will deposit the sperm slightly away from the cervix which gives benefits to the longer living, yet slower X-chromosome-carrying sperm.
- As a woman, we should avoid orgasm. The Shettles theory suggests that ladies should stay away from orgasm since it can make the vaginal environment more alkaline and less acidic that is disadvantageous to the X-chromosome “girl sperm”.
To Conceive A Boy
- It is highly advisable to have the time of intercourse as close to ovulation as possible. The idea here is that because the Y-chromosome sperm tend to be faster than the X-chromosome sperm, there are more Y-chromosome sperm reaching the egg which make it more likely that a Y-chromosome sperm will fertilize the egg.
- Remember! Abstain from sexual intercourse for 4 – 5 days before ovulation. It is nice to have intercourse only at the moment of ovulation and before.
- Don’t hesitate to have sexual intercourse with the deep penetration.
- Men should avoid the tight clothes. According to Shettles method, heat is believed to kill off both types of sperm, and kill the less protected or smaller Y-chromosome sperm faster.
- As a woman, we are advised to have an orgasm. Female orgasm will increase the alkaline secretions in the vagina favorable to the Y-chromosome carrying sperm. The Shettles theory also recommends having an orgasm prior to or at the same time as the male spouse.
For more information about this title “Shettles Method Of Gender Selection“, don’t be shy to submit your concerns in the box below.